[at-l] Sew...win eye lift

Jim Bullard jim.bullard at gmail.com
Wed May 6 15:24:34 CDT 2009

Our local TV weather guy makes no bones about the fact that there are
several "models" for predicting which way storms will move, how fast, how
much rain will fall, etc. and he always hedges his bets by saying his
forecast is what he "thinks is most likely to happen". When it comes to
weather, our high tech tools can show us where it is raining 'right now',
but it is still just an educated guess what will happen an hour from now or
a day from now. That said those guesses are generally better than 20-30
years ago. It was Thomas Jefferson who first started keeping weather records
and Ben Franklin who first realized that storms travel when he compared
notes with a correspondent in Boston and learned that a snow storm that hit
Philadelphia didn't get to Boston until the next day. There's a lot we don't
know but we know more than we did.

Jim Bullard
http://jims-ramblings.blogspot.com/