[at-l] Sealskinz

Ranc0r ranc0r at fuse.net
Thu May 7 18:29:32 CDT 2009

Hey Tenacious!

You sweat in Sealskinz.  Period.  Full Stop.

Their purpose is to insulate from cold water and immersion cooling.  They trap heat like nobody's business.  They are great for cold & wet environs.  If you are walking, you squish.  This will lead to foot/skin problems, blisters and the like.  And Sealskinz take a dog's age to dry completely.  Not exactly field-serviceable.  If your BF sits around waiting for the grass to grow, he may like them.

Just my experience, ymmv.

Ranc0r
.

Hey everyone!

I have a Q for you.? Does anyone here on the list have experience with Sealskinz socks (or their other gear)?? (Yes, btw, I have read all of the reviews from www.backpackgeartest.org? :))

My bf and his platoon were totally soaked this past weekend in training exercises.? I had told him about hearing about the Sealskinz socks, however, I do not have any personal experience with them.

If you have used Sealskinz before, please let me know what your experience was like with them.

What did you like or dislike?

Thanks!!!
Tenacious Tanasi