[at-l] REI---

Ken Bennett bennett.ken at gmail.com
Tue May 12 06:02:55 CDT 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 11:35 PM, Leslie Booher <lbooher at charter.net> wrote:

>  My husband went to REI in Asheville, NC, today and bought a kayak and all
> the trimmings with MY membership card.  I can just feel that dividend check!

I haven't seen the Asheville store yet. I think we'll be out that way in a
couple of weeks.

This doesn't work for everybody, but several years ago we got the REI VISA
card. It pays a 1% REI dividend on every purchase anywhere, and the usual
10% dividend when used at REI. We use it for our regular monthly expenses,
and pay it off every month (that's the key right there. It has to be paid
off every month, no balance carried.) This past year we even paid our
daughter's tuition, room, and board on the card! Our dividends have been
well over $300 per year using this system. This year I got a $450 dividend.
I'm waiting for June when I can have a check.

--Ken