[at-l] BookCrossing

Leslie Booher lbooher at charter.net
Tue May 12 07:32:34 CDT 2009

One little note about reading in shelters: I've found that some paper in paperback books is too tan for me to be able to read them in shelters.  The letters don't stand out enough.  I found that particularly with the Dover Thrift Editions.  They're perfect in every other way---lightweight, good basic literature, inexpensive, etc.

And what authors are good to read on the trail?  I'm not sure that I want to read Thoreau while I'm out there.  I prefer action novels.  Stephen King might really spook me.  Is there someone really good to read during a hike?

Several years ago, I had a fairly large chick lit book with me on a hike.  It was new, and I didn't want to leave it anywhere, because I wanted to send it to a daughter.  I finished it, and, since I was still carrying it, I read it again.  Half way through it the third time, we finally came upon a post office, and I mailed it off.

a'bear

Humankind (be both)