[at-l] chalk talk Re: Chalk---

Tom McGinnis sloetoe at yahoo.com
Wed May 13 17:31:30 CDT 2009

What I said wuz:
--- On Wed, 5/13/09, Tom McGinnis <sloetoe at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Chalk will only work for northbounders.
> smartasstoe

###...which as Felix would observe, just indicates once again how little love the lonely SOBOs get in this world.

Now, regarding Clyde when he's not eating hamburgers in the rain...
### Clyde was not smart to dump into Ford [F] expecting a multi-cash-bag return like he got -- that's a freakin' lottery pull right there, it is. Clyde *was* smart (DANG smart) in leaving town with a following order on his F, such that if it shot as it did, an auto-sell would trigger. That (the hat is tipped here, Clyde) was wayyyy good. (I was way worried about that.) Now! With F sitting at $4.96, you could buy 100 shares, sell the June $5 call for 62¢, and be into F for $4.34 -- if it gains 5¢ in 38 days, you clear 66¢ (~15%?) ...It's not lottery winnings, but it can add up.

> --- On Wed, 5/13/09, Bror8588 at aol.com <Bror8588 at aol.com> wrote:
> > Chalk is temporary.  Chalk is cheaper than a rescue
> operation. Chalk will be fun for the kids to do.
### I thought these thoughts were all pretty cute but, the only time you'd need guidance back to the trail would be a white-out, in which case chalk is not going to do you much good. (But kids will love it, which means GO DO IT.) The tempest is boiling in the teapot.