[at-l] Lyme disease

tickbite at myactv.net tickbite at myactv.net
Wed May 20 09:10:31 CDT 2009

***Maryland doctors are likely to prescribe them anyway.
Just Maryland doctors.
Probably because we have so much Lyme disease here.***

I wish it would have been that way 13 years ago! I'd like to think that between the ex and myself that we somehow had a hand in getting the word out here in Maryland about Lyme Disease. I know we fought with many a doctor over those early years about something that few understood and even less knew anything about. At one time you couldn't convince a Dr. here that Lyme was even in this area, it was something that only happened farther north!

"LYME", I still cringe every time I hear that nasty 4 letter word!!!

Amy, was wondering if they mentioned anything about "Chronic Lyme"? Please tell me they've come out with that miracle pill that reverses all the effects of letting Lyme go to long before getting ANY kind of treatment!!! Hey, one can still wish!

And how about you? Its been awhile, is Lyme still popping up its ugly head? I keep reading and hearing about people that have this disease for years and it just up and goes away. I often think that maybe they've just finally learned how to live with it. Are they now saying that it does go away with time? I talked to a nurse just the other day, was in getting a shot for a "deteriorating disk"(just one more thing added to a very long list!), and she said her son-in-law had Lyme for 15 years, then all at once it just went away! Heck, Maybe I just haven't suffered long enough yet!!! Just a couple more years to go!!! Can't wait!!! lol

It's funny, everytime I think I've learned how to live with it something new pops up to deal with! It won't win though! As you know, thats the secert to living with Lyme. Ya just can't let it get the best of ya!!!

Anyways, Just so glad that the words gotten out and people,(and at least the docs around here), now know thats it NOT something to mess around with!!! Almost makes it all worth while! Almost!

Fur....