[at-l] at-l Digest, Vol 21, Issue 40

Tom McGinnis sloetoe at yahoo.com
Tue May 26 08:34:15 CDT 2009

--- On Sun, 5/24/09, danandgailsc at aol.com <danandgailsc at aol.com> wrote:

> This was my first time to hike this section.
### I had no idea! I thought you had through-hiked around Gutsy's year!

> I have been keeping track of where I have hiked the AT, and had
> Springer - Bland continuously.  I had already done
> Dragon's Tooth and McAfee Knob on day hikes.  And
> this was my first multi day solo backpacking trip.  (It
> was 6.5 days, not 5.5, as indicated in the original
> post.)  I normally go with Gutsy, but she had to teach
> her first grade class, while the plant where I work was shut
> down for a week.  So ...............  after Trail
> Days she drove to SC and I hit the trail at Bland.
> Odometer
### All the more impressive! And while you got to see a bunch of throughhikers (I'm sure), I would love to SOBO the AT -- maybe especially the mid-Atlantic states -- so as to see more of the land through the de-leafed trees of winter. Ohhhh, the great issues we must balance when going for a strolllllll.

(More congrats then, on adding a great section.)