[at-l] sleeping bag?

Felix J AThiker at smithville.net
Sun Nov 1 06:14:35 CST 2009

trailr at aol.com wrote:
> I used a down bag - Mountainsmith Vision 15 degree. 2lb 4oz. Western mountaineering down bags are nice too, but if your happy with yours, use it. Cut weight elsewhere. I hiked with Wench, she used a synthetic bag. Use whatever works for YOU.
>
> Hotdog AT03

I agree with Hotdog (shudder). Just because there is something 'better'
doesn't mean you have to run and buy it. If something works and you like
it, use it. And, over the months and miles of a thru-hike, what works
and what you like will probably change.  As for what I used sleeping
bag-wise....I used three different bags...a 15 year old (at the time)
Coleman synth bag when I started (Aug 4th-Maine). Went to a very-Chevy
Campmor Brand Down 10 above bag...then, in VA, went to an equally-Chevy
Campmor Brand Down 10 below bag. I still have all three and love them.
(I call the big one Bitey)

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98