[at-l] Stoves and fuel

Tom McGinnis sloetoe at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 3 09:51:30 CST 2009

--- On Tue, 11/3/09, Cody Girl <codycodygirl at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is one of those topics that
> I'm in WAY over my head!  Never owned a stove,
> don't know much about them.

### Quick response:
Go to Mara's page -- I haven't been, but I'm sure it's good.
Go alcohol, but look for one that's pressurized -- these use much less fuel than the unpressurized, although they are more finicky to ignite. (This means your total carry weight goes down.)
If you want to see stoves in action, hit Youtube, and search on "alcohol stove". Remember -- the ones with more open construction will be easier to light, and will require more fuel.

ignitoe