[at-l] WAS sleeping bag?

Mark Hudson mvhudson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 11:04:22 CST 2009

>* Things that happened but weren't big problems for me:
*>* dislocated bones, poison ivy, stomach flu, big blisters, foot pain.
*>*
*>* -amy
*
<<###   "Mom, these hikers are  *nuts*.">>

###!
Warped hiker mentality = Left North Woodstock NH with an overly loaded
town pack (remember the thru-hiker metabolism!). Somewhere around
Garfield Pond
I made the idiot move of stepping on a wet log water bar. Went
crashing down into the rocks HARD! I was absolutely sure I broke my
arm, but my BIG concern
was not whether my arm was broken but rather if having a broken arm
was going to be the end of my hike.
Turns out I was "lucky" and my arm was in between the rocks when I
landed, so my ribs and the pack took most of the abuse.

skeeter