[at-l] longevity advice

Felix J AThiker at smithville.net
Wed Nov 4 09:57:37 CST 2009

EHamilton wrote:

<<a lot of pertinent stuff snipped>>

> 4. Suck it up more.

:-)

<<more pertinent stuff snipped>>

> I think if/when I try another thru-hike, I may start at Katahdin and
> go SOBO. I wouldn't want to re-start at Springer and maybe only get to
> HF again and still not have seen the northern part of the Trail. With
> a SOBO start, if I make it to HF and have to bail, at least I've done
> the whole Trail over time. OTOH, that might make it easier to bail.

When I got to the Susquehanna River in Duncannon I had officially
completed the AT. And, I never had any inclination to bailing. I had
wondered if I would. But, when I crossed that bridge and saw Kahley
standing there taking my picture...and, then giving me Sloetoe's "2,000
Miler" rocker, bailing was the last thing on my mind.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98