[at-l] Hat time?

rockdancer97 at comcast.net rockdancer97 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 4 13:47:45 CST 2009

Not to be taken as a commitment to make hats this fall, right now this is just an idea...

Some of at-ler's know that I've been sick with a mystery illness since an event on Sept. 13. If I saw you at the Gathering you might have noticed something going on. One affect of being so sick for so long is boredom. In those moments of boredom I've managed to break my computer several times (while trying to fix things), started to make bird-watching telescopes from cardboard tubes, removed & reinstalled the windshield washing system in my car, etc. - all as my energy and mental alertness allows.

It occurred to me that Malden Mills is no longer selling high-quality fleece nearby but I had managed to squirrel away a large bag. So maybe I'll make some hats! It's been a couple (few?) years and maybe the hats that are out there are scuffy, dirty or have been lost in the great outdoors.

So, let me know the status of hat desireability. If you need/want a hat, let me know. The same deal would apply, I'm asking for a $5 donation for mailing and buying more fleece. This will be done (if it happens) in conjunction with a dozen hats for SoBo hikers. Larger donations just go to helping more southbounders at the cold time of year. (I'll be asking Bob Peoples to distribute hats at Kincora.)

Incidently, Stitches & I had a nice lunch with Weathercarrot last Saturday when he breezed through town. He's heading for the AT to walk southbound from SW VA to Springer.

--RockDancer