[at-l] Orangebug

Frank Looper nightwalker.at at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 06:49:33 CST 2009

Ack! How could I forget you and the long-legged Shoo!

I brought that HUGE tent, in case someone needed an extra place to
sleep. About 20 people asked me if I planned on carrying it on the AT
:-) Ox was there as well. He may have been the only other one camping
out.

We TOTALLY filled up Camp Thornwell. Sunny (Sunrise) was the mistress
of ceremonies. Big Red never stopped smiling the whole weekend. Sunset
(Frank Masters) was there and constantly smiling as well. He lives
really nearby, and keeps up a water cache for FHT hikers.

Little Bear (Jeffrey Hunter) showed up, brought by the director of the
FHTC from the middle of a Foothills Trail thru hike. He and I talked a
lot about that trail and how nice it was.

Welsh Nomad (Mary Morgan) and I talked a long time about how nervous
we were to be beginning our thru attempts in a couple of months. She
made it all the way to Monson before an injury took her out. She
figured out, while fording the first river in the 100-mile, that the
knee was done. So much more...