[at-l] Remembrance of Past Rucks, was Re: Orangebug

Jan Lite liteshoe at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 15:14:42 CST 2009

Well,
I remember my first SoRuck that freezing cold weekend at Amicalola in 2001,
or very early 2002 I guess.

  We made pot cozies and tin can stoves (which I still have, and use). The
hands-on workshops made it a very excellent Ruck, in my eye.
Ed Speer (Not to Worry) told me about vegetable powders and nutrition, as
related to his failed and then successful thruhike attempts. I saw my first
2-4-2 tent, as demonstrated by Kurt, and ordered one on the spot (Got it two
weeks before my thruhike in 2003). We walked down the falls, and back up
again. I met lots of friendly, interesting folks. It was awesome to be at
Amicalola for the first time.
The cops came, and Chainsaw brought some incredible soup (not related).

Whatever happened to lister Lee I. Joe?
He was from Florida.

>I remember that ruck.  My jeep was new and I put it in 4 wheel drive the
first time, to go on the icey road.  That jeep still sets in the drive with
16,000 miles on it.  Gets 12 mile to the gallon :>)) I met Hopeful and >Spur
and Ready.  I met Orangebug at the very first SoRuck when we all got
together to hike at Gooch Gap.

Clyde
--
"The Ordinary Adventurer"