[at-l] "Ktaadn" (Church 1853)

Tom McGinnis sloetoe at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 14 08:12:14 CST 2009

### It would "fit" the Katahdin massif if the view was taken Katahdin Pond (about 6.5 miles due east of Baxter Peak). Use Google Earth, use the Terrain feature, put yourself on the short of the southeast pond, and cast a look west. Pretty close. Most of the peakieness (geographic term meaning: "Gee, that's pointy") is Pamola. You're looking into the northeast-oriented horseshoe of the range, with Pamola as the nearest object, and Baxter to the background. North (or course) is to the viewer's right.
### Must've been a sweet one to see live. I'd like to hang it in *my* living room....

wantingtoe