[at-l] Hat time - Yes

rockdancer97 at comcast.net rockdancer97 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 17 12:02:42 CST 2009

OK boys & girls of the Trail,

I've decided to make a batch of hats, I've still got lots of the really good fleece that Malden Mills used to make right here in my back yard. Your hats will be made from PolarTec 200 (the best kind), warm enough to stand up to fierce White Mountains winter weather. In fact most people find them too warm to wear while hiking. Instead you pack it to put on your head while stopped during the day, sitting around in the evening, and especially for sleeping to keep your feet warm! Thanks to Camo & SloeToe for their endorsements. For those who care the hat will weigh 2 ounces in the Large size.

I typically make a hat with contrasting colors but this time I'll let you choose.
The hat top is 4 panels, usually made the same color, and there's the wide band that covers your ears.
One difference about my hat is the extra wide band that can fold down to cover your eyes while sleeping.

Color selection: Dark green, Dark khaki, Brown, Black, Hunter Orange, White, Teal, Sky Blue, Pink (sort of dark), and Wine.

What you do:
Measure your head and tell me the distance around where the band would sit (mine is 23 inches).
Tell me your colors or tell me "boy" or "girl" for my choice.
Tell me your address so I don't have to send emails tracking you down.
When you get your hat tell me you like it (or tell me why not) and send me your donation ($5 minimum).

All proceeds will go to make hats for this years SouthBound AT hikers.

Rockdancer97 at comcast.net
"The vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true."