[at-l] Mt. Mds.

Tom McGinnis sloetoe at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 19 10:50:39 CST 2009

--- On Thu, 11/19/09, Felix J <AThiker at smithville.net> wrote:

> Tom McGinnis wrote:
> > Good ground for camping, but I'd camp at Gifford, had
> I my druthers. An east-facing leanto, right on the
> northwestern edge (closer to Maine Junction).
> >

> Hmmm....it is only now that I am finding out/realizing
> there ARE shelters in Gifford. ARE there shelters in Gifford?
> Perhaps I shall alter my plan a bit. I'm fairly new to this hiking
> stuff....

http://www.vtstateparks.com/pdfs/giffordhikingmapguide.pdf
### The trail enters (NOBO -- always NOBO, isn't it?) between sites 10 and 12, so my guess is that number 8 would be the one the boys and I occupied to prep for our 2002 hike. (I doubt, though, that you'll need to be making phone reservations.) You are, of course, awfully close to the Long Trail Inn (known perhaps by more affected names) (and yes, that was "a"ffected), which might be sweet, might be spendy, this time o'year.