[at-l] what *IS* the risk of water borne pathology?

Tom McGinnis sloetoe at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 19 20:20:09 CST 2009

### I treat my water with respect, and nothing more, since I first started hiking 35 (OMG) years ago. Between my own miles and with the boys too (miles for which I was unpaid guide), that's 6000 backpacking miles, not counting the gallons guzzled when running trail. Name the giardia hotspots, and we've drank 'em deep. Pathogens fear me.

### As always, ask yourself "Self, what did people *do* before Madison Avenue saved us from the watery nasties with the wave of filter products circa 1985? Did they not go to the woods? Did they all get sick and die?"

### Immunity is earned, not gifted. Go exercise your system. Be an explorer.

ferrogastrotoe
(who would not world-travel to new pathogonias without protection and an exposure plan.)