[at-l] Gmail Question

Steve Miller atlists at millers-house.org
Thu Nov 19 22:37:35 CST 2009

If you just have the two accounts and are wedded to the idea of a
web-based mail reader, then using two different browsers may be your
easiest solution.  I'd recommend Firefox and Opera.  Safari (mentioned
in Mara's link) is a Mac-based browser ported to PCs and has some
security issues, and Internet Explorer is....well, it's Microsoft.  Not
known for great security either.

If you do not need it to be web-based, you can access Gmail accounts
through most e-mail client programs like Thunderbird or Outlook Express
(or its Windows 7 replacement cleverly named Windows Mail).  I access
two Gmail accounts, along with 20 other IMAP and 2 POP accounts through
Thunderbird with no problems.  Gmail help will even show you how to set
it up.  Be sure to use IMAP so messages stay in sync with the web-based
interface.

UpToSomethin'