[at-l] hammock/tarp decision

David Addleton dfaddleton at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 11:44:50 CST 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Ryan Crawford <m2b1 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Make your own.  It's cheaper.  You only need 5 yards of fabric.  Stitch it
> up and your golden.

No stitching for home-made hammock necessary: just fold the fabric
accordion like, tie a knot in both ends and voila: hammock: attach
webbing to the knot for the suspension and it's finished. Attaching
insulation under it is a different story . . . . The speer hammock
sleeping bag is a fine solution. I once made a "normal" sleeping bag
"work" for temps dipping down to 6*F once, but I don't recommend it; I
had those chemical foot and hand warmers to get me through that night.