[at-l] Packs, was: Re: Stephenson 2R

Mike Cunningham hikermiker at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 24 14:31:00 CST 2009

I used a Golite Jam2 all this summer. I am quite happy with it, I had it holding as much as 6 days of food & it carried well but my base weight is around 15 pounds.

The only things I would add are a candy pocket on the waist belt & a mesh bag to carry damp/wet ground cloth & tarp.

Go Lite just sent an email that they have a newer heavier Jam so you would want to specify the older Jam 2, which weighs (We're depending on my memory here 1# 6 oz). The new one is almost 2#.

Mike