[at-l] Ken Burns: The National Parks: America's Best Idea

Tenacious Tanasi tenacious_tanasi at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 1 15:32:08 CDT 2009

There are no sides here.  We're all hikers...this is our bond.  We should never allow something as silleh as politics destroy the friendships or family that we have in one another.  It, quite frankly is not worth it.  As Liteshoe stated... let's find common ground.

The thread is about conservation of our land through the formation of our National Parks as told on film and through sumptuous cinematography of Ken Burns to which we have feasted our eyes upon.

Yes, politics had to be dealth with and through in order for this to come about... and to continue to this day ... and will go on from tomorrow via it.

I do know that there is one thing that we all DO agree upon... being thankful that we have such courageous forefathers/mothers that have bestowed the riches of the lands upon which we set our feet to with much love in the endeavoring of it.

Do I think that we should be discussing the politics involved to bring about conservation of our lands and continually improving upon that.  I give you my resounding and heartfelt YYYEEESSS!!!

HOWEVER, we'd have to have some rules.  So, I think that if we can follow the rules that I have posted for my FB topic threads regarding healthcare reform.....then we should be ok.  And, if this doesn't work out... let's meet on a mountain top with some smashmellows and a bottle of shine and let's solve the world's problems.  :))

Rules:
1-No name callin, spittin, hair pullin or eye gouging
2-Provide personal experience and/or stories of others that relate to topic
3-Make suggestions to help resolve this particular topic
4-Try to keep as factual as possible...
5-Wonder on over yonder to the other topics are posted to keep this thread on track
6-Certain individuals are required to read posts on this thread... and then step away for 15 minutes before responding
7-Smashmellows, campfires, and moonshine may be required to get through the discussion

Bottom line... let's play nice & have a good, positive time discussing needed change!!! :)

Thanks for the link, Steve

 Tenacious Tanasi