[at-l] Butchered Meat

Bruce W. Calkins blackwolfe at charter.net
Thu Oct 1 17:46:56 CDT 2009

Well, I admit to being a Vega-nut AND agreeing with Chainsaw.  I grew up
with my mother picking out which hens we youngn's would catch for holiday
dinners.  Making meat of them was just a part of living.  Even after
becoming a vegetarian in August 1969, I have made meat for the family,
chickens, partridge, pheasant, road killed deer and fresh brook trout.  (I
got my first deer in October 1998 with a '91 Crown Victoria, dressed, cut
and iced it down for the 1000 mile trip home with the right headlights wiped
out.)

If I ever returned to the carnivore diet, I would raise or hunt my meat.
Having raised veal and chickens, I've little stomach for the factory and
fast food product even if it does make my hiking diet a little challenging.

Black Wolfe
Bruce W.