[at-l] The forest is a garden...

Frank Looper nightwalker.at at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 13:36:05 CDT 2009

...not a museum.

A few years ago, the Forest service wanted to allow lumber companies
to cut some swaths through some in-danger, fire-ready places in the
national forests out west. Some wiggly-eyed cuckoos way to the left of
me screamed that "Bush was killing our forests to make his rich
friends richer." they did it loud enough and long enough that the
forest service, the protectors of our national forests (gardens)
couldn't do their job.

Now, 7 of the largest 10 fires in California history have happened in
the last 7 years. Forget all of the lost species and habitat, think of
the lost hiking! (tongue in cheek. Ow.)

If you don't believe me on what it takes to protect a forest and
habitat, ask Clyde. He's got the bona fides. And next time you hear
someone on the fringes talk about stuff they're not educated to know
about, like forestry or death panels, tell 'em that they're hurting
more than they're helping. Or just smack 'em. That ought to promote
some real useful discussion.

Frnak