[at-l] O2 rainwear

Mara Factor mfactor at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 09:01:03 CDT 2009

Disclaimer:  I've never worn O2 gear and I've only tried on Frogg
Toggs, never used the stuff in the field.  That said...

I think O2 uses the same or similar material as Frogg Toggs.  It feels
sort of like paper.  For some, it's perfect, for others, far from it.
It is light, but it's bulkier to bunch/fold/stuff than some other
types of rain wear.  It doesn't appear to be as durable as fabric
gear.  Rub points (armpits, between legs, and pack rub areas) tend to
get fuzzy and pill.  It can rip quite easily.  I've seen many held
together with duck tape - often lots of duct tape.

It's possible that both FT and O2 have changed in the last few years,
but the description from FT at
http://www.froggtoggs.com/technology.asp and O2 at
http://www.rainshield.com/i_who.html seems quite similar to each
other.

Hope you hear from some people with personal experience.

Mara
Stitches, AT99

Visit my Travels and Trails web site at: http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor