[at-l] Safety of Trail parking

Felix J AThiker at smithville.net
Thu Oct 22 16:30:41 CDT 2009

WILLIAM D VINCENT wrote:
> Does anyone have an opinion about how safe it is to park my car at
> Fontana Dam while I do a 4-5 days hike?  If there are alternative to
> leaving it at the Dam i open to that also.

I've left a car/truck there a couple of times over the years....and,
YEARS ago....and, didn't have any trouble. I think with there being
frequent ranger visits to the area, there is less chance of vandalism.
(Then again, if your 4-5 day hike is in Vermont, it may not be the most
convenient place)

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98