[at-l] "Winter" in SMNP

Jim Smith cutter78 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 20:35:57 CDT 2009

I wouldn't recommend that detour unless you're running an 18-wheeler. Go through Hot Springs instead.

-- Jim SmithLeslie Booher wrote:

If some of you didn't know it, I-40
is closed just inside the NC line for the next several months.  They've had
another rock slide, and they will have to approach the clean-up from the top and
work down.  They're sending traffic around from Asheville on I-26 up
through Johnson City, TN, to I-81 and back down to I-40, but that's a long way
out of the way.  My point is that, if you're going into NC anywhere along
there, plan ahead for a detour.  a'bear

Humankind (be
both)