[at-l] The Night Sky

rcli4 at comcast.net rcli4 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 29 21:21:06 CDT 2009

Every time I watch something like that I realize how dumb I am.  I just can't wrap my mind around the fact that the light we are seeing, came from a star that hasn't existed for 10,000 years or some such shit.  I have a cousin that has a Phd in astrogeophysics.  He tried to explain a lot of that type of thing to me one time when I went to California and looked through the telescope where he worked.  I acted like I understood, but in the end I am just the dummy that says, "Boy that sure is pretty," when actually it should be, boy that sure was pretty 10,000 year ago.

Clyde