[at-l] 2nd Amndmnt Re: Coyote Attack

kgj jplynch at crosslink.net
Thu Oct 29 23:19:37 CDT 2009

Since I started this thread (and now, I have to admit, I'm sorry I did), let me put in a little perspective.  I hike often on a local trail that goes through a hunting club, a large multi-range shooting club, and at least two private shooting ranges.  Some of the adjacent land owners don't like our trail and have actual fired in our direction.  I own guns, but don't usually carry, and I'm very used to being around folks who are.  What makes me nervous is folks carrying guns in places that they usually don't.
    Someone suggested that hikers should not provoke a "fear response" in those carrying.  And I guess that's fine but not sure exactly how to do that which is the reason I started this discussion.
Anyway I'm done with this.  I've overshot Ryan's patience by a ton I'm sure.
:(
<back to the regularly scheduled programming>