[at-l] trekking w gun on AT

Carla & Dave Hicks carla_dave_hicks at verizon.net
Thu Oct 29 23:37:56 CDT 2009

FWIIW I never carry on a trek -- a.k.a. any extended hike.

The AT is a relatively safe place and the weight to danger  ratio isn't worth
it, IMHO.

The logistics of OK for this segment vs. not OK for the next is way too much
hassle.

OTOH, when I will primarily be in close proximity to trail-heads and when
carry is legal....

As always, YMMV.

Chainsaw

BTW -- Re: the weight & care question a composite & stainless .22LR w/ HPs
would be my choice.