[at-l] Coyote Attack

Tim Rich athiker89 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 30 07:14:22 CDT 2009

I've read an article over the last few years of the rapid influx of coyotes along the eastern seaboard.  It also addressed their gradual loss of fear of humans.  In certain areas (they mentioned NY as an example), the progression went from not being seen by humans, skedaddling at the voice of humans, lingering around and having to be shooed, to examples of taking small dogs off the leash while being walked, and one human attack.

I was on the Pinhoti last fall and was awakened by rantings of a rout not forty yards from me.  Their sounds on the hunt are bloodcurdling.

Take Care,

Tim