[at-l] 2011 thru hike

Teresa French Wench WenchAT03 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Oct 30 19:42:17 CDT 2009

I thought I wouldn't like shelters either.  Boy, did that change quickly!  I loved the ease of just exploding the pack in the shelter.  It only took minute(s) to get your bed set up, so if you were cold or just worn out, you could get in your bag quickly.  The mice weren't too much of a bother, and sometimes were quite entertaining!  See what you prefer.  You might THINK you won't like shelters, but be open to change.  About lots of things during your hike.  Not just shelter/tent.

I prefer bottles.  Cheaper.  Readily available.  Make sure your water and fuel bottles aren't alike.  If so, mark one or the other so you don't make a bad mistake!

Happy learning and happy hiking!  And, keep asking.  This is fun!
:-)
Wench
www.trailjournals.com/wench