[at-l] More on spring NH hiker rescue, fines for the Whites

Art Cloutman Art at crystalacresnh.com
Sat Oct 31 07:59:46 CDT 2009

Besides, he did have a plan and his father knew the plan.  He did
manage to use the equipment that he did bring with him.  He did
underestimate the situation.  He thought he could hike 17 miles
through melting snow in one day.  That was his big mistake.  And that
kind of mistake happens all the time.  How often on our hikes have we
found people that have bitten off more than they can chew.  How often
have we ended up hiking into the dark.  I suppose a flashlight might
have helped but would not have cured a sprained ankle.

Art of NH

--

Life is Good!!!
Art Cloutman