[at-l] Alert: A.T. Volunteers, USFS Eastern Divide District

Carla & Dave Hicks carla_dave_hicks at verizon.net
Tue Sep 1 18:03:43 CDT 2009

Right below Sarver Cabin Shelter -- to the trail-east, in the parking lot to
Caldwell Fields, a popular weekend hangout spot for Tech students

See:

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/216886

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/217077

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/217043

Chainsaw

BTW -- There is a train from that parking lot up to the area of the old cabin
and then to the shelter.  However, having a very poor opinion of the average
preps willingness to work, and having humped up that hill to build the shelter
& do other work there, I doubt that there is any danger to AT hikers.  Nearly
all the violence linked to the AT takes place at trailheads or other easy
access points, albeit the advent of outlaw ATVer is changing that, some.