[at-l] Peek inn to a seriously off-topic veer

JPL jplynch at crosslink.net
Mon Sep 7 20:54:55 CDT 2009

You said: "Health care in the United States is not fair.  Most folks would like it to be more fair but don't think the government is the right entity to make it fair."
You surely don't think the private insurance companies can give us "fair" do you?  If that's the case, why haven't they done it long ago (and in which case we wouldn't be having these discussions).   Medicare doesn't exist because the insurance companies were "fair" in providing medical insurance for older folks (old and expensive!).