[at-l] Lambert Meadow Shelter to Daleville

Davis, Herb hdavis at admissions.unc.edu
Thu Sep 24 09:28:42 CDT 2009

We're going to be hiking the AT section in the McAfee Knob area and would like to know if someone has done Lamberts Meadow Shelter to Daleville lately.  It is roughly 9-10 miles and we (60's and 70's) want to know the terrain; any campsites or gaps to camp around 5 mi, water along the way, etc.  We hike lots of the Trail including annual hikes in the Smokies including Rocky Top, etc, just did Cades to Fontana.  We plan to hike the 9.5 but we like to have contingency plans at all times and sometimes trail guides can't predict the current water, etc.  Thanks.  herb