[at-l] Foothills Trail hike

Frank Looper nightwalker.at at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 22:54:03 CDT 2009

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 11:16 PM, <danandgailsc at aol.com> wrote:
Frank/Night Walker,

Where are you starting--Oconne State Park or Table Rock State Park?  Gutsy
did the spur trail to hwy 276 twice this weekend--
Saturday, 15 miles from highway 178 to highway 276 in the all day rain;
Sunday, 11 miles from Sassafras Mt. to highway 276.
Both times I parked at hwy 276 and hiked about 3 miles in to meet her.

Dan/Odometer
She's more of a man than I am!

Poll, the superintendent of Table Rock State Park gave me a volunteer hang
tag, and earlier this evening he gave me this week's gate combo. It's
amazing how volunteering 100s of hours somewhere will get you some fringes.

You don't remember this, but on Table Rock trail was the first place that I
met you and Gail. She lectured me a bit for not bringing water, until I told
her that I'd drank 2+ liters in the 2 hours before I headed up. And she was
way faster than you. :-)  She's my favorite hiker woman. Consider yourself a
blessed man!

Nightwalker (Gutsy calls me Mapster.)

Out the door before Midnight! WooWoo!