[at-l] sleeping bag thoughts

Ken Bennett bennett.ken at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 14:40:03 CDT 2009

> Thought two:  does it make sense to carry both at the beginning
> of my hike?  There's plenty of room for the quilt inside the
> sleeping bag, and it'd take me to pretty low temps.

Snakes won't bother you; mice might. No reason why a quilt is worse than a
bag -- sleeping bags have that big hole up by the head area. In any case,
that's a good reason to sleep away from shelters.

Using the quilt with the bag is a great idea. It should be okay lofting up
inside the bag, if not you could drape it over the top. (Though I suspect it
will drift away, being very light and slippery.)

--Ken