[at-l] Ironmaster's Mansion closing

Marsha Lee atrailhiker at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 3 06:35:35 CDT 2010

I cut and pasted this directly from the website cached: http://www.hi-dvc.org/
---Marsha
StarLyte

read on:

Dear Members and Friends,

Our sincerest thank you to all the Volunteers and Donors, for their Amazing Support and Dedication!
With regrets, we would like to inform you that HI Iron Master's Mansion in Pine Grove Furnace State Park, PA, will be officially closing on April 30th, 2010. The hostel has served the East Coast for 26 years, hosting community youth groups, hikers, schools, scouts, families, countless individuals and memorable events. The hostel will be dearly missed by those we seek to serve.  We will continue to develop and look for new hostel opportunities that are feasible and sustainable to support our mission.
The Pennsylvania Bureau of State Parks was not able to grant us a sustainable lease agreement, which would make continuing operations at the hostel feasible.  We have enjoyed a wonderful and illustrious relationship with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and would like to thank them for allowing us to share our mission and the beauty of this great state with millions of guest over the past 30 years.