[at-l] 1500 foot fall, accident & rescue White Mtns, near AT

nightwalker.at at gmail.com nightwalker.at at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 15:37:13 CDT 2010

From: EHamilton

Micro-crampons, ice creepers.... are those something like YakTrax?
After using "real" instep crampons in the ice last winter, I don't know what took so long! They really do what they're supposed to.

Micro-crampons are very likely the small, one-strap instep crampons. They slid all around within minutes of starting with them. Just like Bruce W. said they would. I think creepers are the same as Yak Trax. Arthur would know more than I.