[at-l] Just fine

Linda Patton lpatton at fsu.edu
Sat Apr 10 10:24:44 CDT 2010

----- Felix wrote -----
> ... $200 fine for walking the Clingman's Dome Road
> (to Newfound Gap). What is she/he talking about?
> Any idea?

http://www.nps.gov/grsm/planyourvisit/clingmans-dome-road-imp.htm
says "It will be closed to all public use February 15 - May 28, 2010."
So I guess this would kick in: "Failure to abide by park regulations
may subject you to a fine under Title 36, Code of Federal Regulations.
Maximum fine for each violation is $5,000 and/or 6 months in jail."

What's being done: "The [repaving] project will consist of the installation of
asphalt overlay on the seven-mile-long Clingmans Dome Road. It will also
include the repaving the eight parking areas along the road as well as the
parking lot at the terminus. Additional work will include repair of drainage
structures, re-pointing stone walls, new signs and turf maintenance."

~~ eArThworm

Visit my website at http://booksforhikers.com
"Better to be lost in the woods than in a maze of cubicles…"