[at-l] ChromeFox Re: Internet Explorer Alternative

Tom McGinnis sloetoe at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 21 16:15:29 CDT 2010

--- On Wed, 4/21/10, Jan Lite <liteshoe at gmail.com> wrote:
Sloetoe, did you read my email?
@@@ Not very well, it seems.

I love Firefox too. But it will only let me open one Google account at a time. I need a second browser. As in "One other."
@@@ That's true with either of FireFox or IE and Yahoo! email accounts. I found that annoying, but sensible. You're suggesting that that ain't necessarily so? You're now in the twilight zone....

Thanks everyone! I'm going to check out Opera and Google Chrome. Thanks for the download sites.
@@@ I hate to say it, but I opened a Yahoo! account because at the time, Yahoo! seemed the most stable of the freebie bunch at the time. Well, update to 2010, and it seems that the Yahoo! platform is getting clunkier, the Yahoo! news is getting stale (days and days old, and not even news, but gossip-of-stars stuff), etc, etc. With Yahoo having problems making a profit, the company now seems to offer a poor-ish product for a middlin' price. I think many will jump to gmail.

@@@ I really don't like the idea of Google's data collection/mining abilities, but with their stance in China, I'm feeling better about them as an email provider. WERE I a gmail client, I'd try Chrome quickly. Might still stay with FireFox, as it would leave my machine very Java (browser, office suite, mail, and then Linux-friendly, too)..... Just thinking out loud...

computoe