[at-l] OT: websites for photo display

Ken Bennett bennett.ken at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 16:21:47 CDT 2010

>> On 4/21/2010 4:52 PM, Linda Patton wrote:
>> > Need pros and cons, and first choice, of the various websites for
>> > (free) image hosting, allowing one to upload photos for mass
>> > viewing...Flickr, Picasa Web, Kodak Gallery...what others should
>> > be considered?

I like Picasaweb, since I use Picasa on my desktop for personal and family
photos. I don't "store" all my photos online, I just upload 1600-pixel
versions of photos that I like to share with family and friends.

The Picasa desktop application is a free download, and does a good job of
organizing your photos. Picasaweb is free until you run out of space, then
it's not very expensive. But you'd need to upload a LOT of photos to run out
of space.

Here's mine: http://picasaweb.google.com/bennett.ken

--Ken