[at-l] IE Alternative

nightwalker.at at gmail.com nightwalker.at at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 16:13:03 CDT 2010

New IE alternative for me: Ubuntu Studio 9.1. It's a very smooth Linux distribution that runs all of my Windows programs except for IE, so far.

The main things are that it has a guided, hassle-free install, it's free, it updates all installed apps every time you boot up and the hackers aren't targeting Linux very much yet. And it's free. Oh, said that already.

I used Linux in the past and wasn't especially impressed. But my Windows XP install died and the CD was scratched, so I tried again.

Goodbye, Mr. Gates! It's been fun, but not that fun.