[at-l] Trip to Maine

bluetrail at aol.com bluetrail at aol.com
Wed Apr 28 13:01:41 CDT 2010

And sometimes there are free outdoor concerts in the park in Bar Harbor.

For a splurge, take the "carriage" ride in Acadia NP to Jordan Pond,  You then get out, go to the restaurant and have tea and popovers on the lawn.  The day I did this, it was so windy (but beautiful) that the popovers were flying through the air.

Another splurge would be a whale watching trip out of Bar Harbor.  Be sure to take layers, because even on a gorgeous day, it's COLD out in the front of the boat.

One other Maine "must" is to go to a bean-hole supper.  Every fire station, church, fraternal organization, etc. has their own secret recipe for the beans.  The one I went to in Millinocket you got the beans, a VERY red hot dog, slaw, and some sort of blueberry dessert.

You'll have a great time no matter what you do!

Joan

----