[at-l] Where to walk???

WILLIAM D VINCENT vincentw at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 1 13:26:58 CDT 2010

I have 5 days off for my 61st birthday, I'm retiring at the first of the year
and will start an attempt at a thru in the spring.  Last fall I did a couple of
days going north out of Fontanna.  What recommendations do you all have that are
reachable from Nashville, Tennessee in a six hour drive.  I'll drive over
tuesday night after getting off from work.  For some reason I walk almost twice
as fast on the back trail as I do going out, surely it can't be the call of a
cold beer!  So I'll hike out for 3 days (40 miles) and back in a day and a
half.  I'll need some place safe to park my vehicle.  I do a lot of flat land
hiking around Nashville so I'm looking for hills.