[at-l] First signs of fall

Tom McGinnis sloetoe at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 18 13:46:10 CDT 2010

### Indiana has some strange signs of waning summer. (Strange to me, anyway, even after 25 years ("Egads!") here. Certain of those really broad-leafed trees (sycamores?) are dropping leaves all over the neighbor's tiny front yard, and on the road today, I saw some of the tiny-spined leaved trees (almost osage orange) with half of their leaves browned. Looks to be a miserable fall, here.
### (I hate autumn. Miserable month that does nothing but tease you into thinking it'll get warmer tomorrow, and of course, it never *really* does.) Give me an honest winter any day over autumn. Autumn is a lie.