[at-l] Hiker food?

Carla & Dave Hicks carla_dave_hicks at verizon.net
Thu Aug 19 13:38:43 CDT 2010

This brings to mind a post that I have made here before.

A friend of mine was a mountain search & rescuer in the NW.  He recommended
that climbers/hikers carry Dog Biscuits (or Dog Biscuits and a small container
of lard) as their emergency ration.

Claimed that far too many folk eat their emergency ration before an emergency
or too early in an emergency.  OTOH Dog Biscuits and a small container of lard
are stable, a good source of fat and carbs and likely to still be there for a
real emergency. :-)}

Chainsaw