[at-l] Signs of Fall

Jim and_or Ginny Owen spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 26 18:12:00 CDT 2010

For the past month or so, as we drove south to the Smokies and back to southern Pennsylvania, we have been seeing scattered trees along the highway with red and orange leaves - especially sumac and such, but also blueberry bushes and some ferns.  Goldenrod is the only flower still in bloom - always a sign of the end of summer for me. Burning bush in people's gardens is turning red.  A lot of the corn in the fields has been cut down. (It was a very dry summer around here - and  the corn crop was pretty much a loss.)  The past couple of days have been wonderfully cool - in the seventies instead of the usual 90's.  We even wore jackets one evening at the campground.  There is definitely a feeling of fall in the air.

Ginny

http://www.spiriteaglehome.com/