[at-l] Trail Town celebrations

Linda Patton lpatton at fsu.edu
Thu Aug 26 20:18:33 CDT 2010

> I'm busy planning for a March 2011 thru hike attempt.  I've heard
> several of the trail towns have celebrations each year and all I
> can really find is Damascus, Va.  I'm trying to put together a list
> with dates (approximates) of these events.  Please send me info
> about any you know about.

The only one I know for sure is Trail Days.  Here's my best guess
for the others, based on past years:

Hot Springs, NC:  Trail Fest
April 24-25, 2009
April 23-24, 2010
April 22-23, 2011??

Damascus, VA:  Trail Days
Always the weekend after Mother’s Day
May 15-17, 2009
May 14-16, 2010
May 13-15, 2011

Rutland, VT:  Long Trail Festival
August 8, 2009
August 7, 2010
August 6, 2011??

Millinocket, ME: Trail’s End Festival
Sept. 11-13, 2009
Sept. 10-12, 2010
Sept. 9-11, 2011??

Maybe someone else has better information.  You might
try calling ATC at (304) 535-6331 and ask for Laurie Potteiger.

~~ eArThworm, the 'List Reference Librarian'

Visit my website at http://booksforhikers.com
"Better to be lost in the woods than in a maze of cubicles…"